What the job is all about:
We’re looking for a bright and energetic new team member to join our executive team as the Director of Communications to support our strategic outcomes.
The Director will build effective relationships within our Network and raise awareness and understanding of the organization through comprehensive communications and public relations services, including writing, media relations, issues management, crisis communications management, digital content development, marketing, government relations and communications planning.
What you’ll do:
- Develop integrated communications planning to support each strategic goal.
- Develop and lead a communications strategy that will raise the profile and awareness of Reseau Compassion Network within our Network organizations, partners, and the general public.
- Lead the development and implementation of a community engagement strategy.
- Ensure adherence to the brand identity and seek opportunities to enhance brand reputation and the brand value of the organization.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication on behalf of, and throughout, the organization.
- Create and maintain appropriate communications and public relations tools, including social media accounts, website, and newsletters.
- Assess the external environment and respond to emerging issues or risks.
- Respond and / or coordinate response to media requests on behalf of the organization.
- Build effective working relationships with communities, partners, and funders.
- Provide communications and public relations advice to the Board and leadership team.
What we’re looking for:
- You have demonstrated competency in best practices related to strategic communications planning, public relations, media relations, issues management, crisis communications, and engagement.
- You possess strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- You have experience working with diverse internal and external audiences.
- You have exceptional skills in building effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, engaging partners and communities, and leading public participation.
- You have knowledge of and experience with French and Indigenous cultures and organizations.
- Degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of recent experience in a similar communications role, or demonstrated progressive leadership responsibilities
- Previous experience in leading communications and community engagement
- Passion, personal alignment, and commitment to Reseau Compassion Network’s Mission Vision and Values
- Bilingual (French/English)
A bit about us:
Réseau Compassion Network is the owner and sponsor of 15 Catholic social and health service organizations founded by Catholic sisters in Manitoba. In 2000 the sister’s transferred ownership of these organizations to a lay-organization that committed to continuing their legacy of charitable works and strive to meet the needs of under-served populations in our province. Today Réseau Compassion Network concentrates its efforts on supporting the compassionate culture of service within the Network, helping their organizations grow in excellence and to realize their strategic priorities while also identifying and meeting new community needs through a lens of collaboration and reconciliation.
More at compassionaction.ca
RCN is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this or any other job opportunity or testing, please advise a representative in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which are required in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received relating to accommodation measures will remain confidential.
Email your application no later than 4:00pm August 20, 2021 to:
Director of Communications