Online Mindful Self-Compassion
Registration is closed. Please check events page for future offerings.
About this Event
Online Mindful Self-Compassion (OMSC) is an evidence-based program designed to cultivate self-compassion based on the work of psychologists Kristen Neff, PhD and Christopher Germer, PhD. A growing body of research indicates that self-compassion has many benefits, including happiness, resilience, creativity, and satisfying relationships, while experiencing less anxiety and depression.
In this 6-week Mindful Self-Compassion course you will learn some of principles and practices of mindful self-compassion, so you can better relate to and care for yourself, both physically and emotionally. It was conceived out of the need to offer MSC training to participants who are short on time and who cannot engage in the longer 2.5 hours weekly class. Research has shown that these techniques can help improve our emotional well-being, improve our ability to cope with life’s challenges, lower levels of anxiety and depression, promote healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and lead to more satisfying personal relationships.
Jennifer Kilimnik and Andrew Terhoch will be leading us in a 6 week online course that will be held on the Zoom Platform. Details are as follows:
Winter 2021 Session:
- Fridays from January 15 to February 19, 2021
- 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM CST
- This class will be held on a web-based platform.
- The teacher and participants will be live and visible at various times. There will be group and one-to-one interaction as you would expect in a traditional classroom setting. No prior mindfulness or self-compassion experience is required — but the course can be attended as a precursor or follow-up to the 8-week mindfulness course.
- There is up to ½ hour per day of home practice of mindfulness and self-compassion exercises recommended during the course.
- Self-Compassion Test by Dr. Kristin Neff: http://bit.ly/1EJGzPF
- Mindful Self-Compassion page by Dr. Christopher Germer: http://bit.ly/1Fu84M2
The cost of participation will be on a sliding fee scale. Please pay at the level at which you are able, as proceeds support the availability of ongoing training through the Compassion Project.
- Benefactor $250
- Supporter $100
- Basic $50
Contact us if you require a bursary in order to be able to participate.
Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the instructors:
Jennifer Kilimnik is the Acting Director of Culture & Compassion for the Compassion Network and St.Amant. She believes connecting to our values and purpose brings meaning to each day. She teaches what she has to learn and hopes you will join her on the journey.
Andrew Terhoch is part of the Compassion Network as the Spiritual Health Practitioner for the St.Amant community. In his daily work, he supports people of all cultures and backgrounds to nurture the values and practices that are meaningful for them. He began learning about meditation 30 years ago, as a daily practice and a support for anxiety. He continues to explore and practice presence and connection each day through new and traditional teachings.